Sunday, July 12, 2009

VEGAS!!!!!


The challange of packing the suitcase (or 2) for 9 days in Vegas was not easy...it required planning, drawings, and strategic placement of all items -- at least 12 complete outfits, evening gown, opening number dress, bowling dress, casual dresses, pajamas, curlers, hair stuff, make up, and at least 8 pairs of shoes -- so that they all fit in two medium sized suitcases. It was packing, re-packing, and re-packing it several more times to make sure both were under 50 pounds, and realizing that packing light just wasn't happening. Finally I went to bed around 3:30 last night because I was tired of looking at suitcases and clothes!! lol Only to wake up this morning and re-pack AGAIN...one last time!!!

I'm not much for airport check ins, or plane rides, but it was a fairly smooth ride. Sleeping on the plane is not the easiest, and I was so anxious about this coming week, that I couldn't stay asleep anyway! I kept running through interview questions and answers in my head....thanks Siouxzan, Meredith, and Julia. :) The cab ride was short (and cheap, thank goodness!!), and the Orleans Hotel is just off the main strip and is very nice!! I ordered room service because I hadn't eaten yet, unpacked, and watched a movie....except I fell asleep during it because it was 9pm back home and I didn't sleep much last night.
And after all that...I ACTUALLY FORGOT A PAIR OF SHOES!!! lol Thank goodness I have friends in high places with shoes I can borrow...and a sister who will pack my left behinds with her when she comes out here to cheer me on from the audience!!! :)

Everything starts tomorrow...I cannot wait to meet everyone, and get this journey started! It's been a long road traveled to be here, and I am ready for this next challenge!

I'm feeling very confident this evening, well prepared thanks to Siouxzan, and my great friends and family who are my support system who have helped me get ready by shopping with me, offering advice, lending clothing or shoes, interviewing me, or just being a phone call away! Thanks for everything...keep your fingers crossed, and if all goes well, we will celebrate upon my return!! :)

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!

2 comments:

  1. Trisha, so glad to hear that you safely made the journey to Vegas!! You are going to be an awesome contestant!!!

    I am so happy that I had a chance to get to know you this year. You are a very, very impressive woman.

    Sending lots of love and warmest wishes,
    Marci

    ReplyDelete